Bashkir State Medical University (BSMU) is one of Russia’s oldest and most prestigious medical schools. The university is regarded as one of the best MBBS in Russia from Russian medical schools. Bashkir State Medical University (BSMU) is gaining popularity among international students interested in studying MBBS in Russia due to its simple admission process and affordable fee structure.
BSMU (Bashkir State Medical University) was established in the year 1932 and is located in Ufa, one of Russia’s largest and most beautiful cities. The university has received approval from the Russian Ministry of Education to train foreign students. Bashkir State Medical University (BSMU) is accredited by a number of medical councils, including the Medical Council of India (MCI), Malaysia’s Medical Council (MMC), the Medical Council of the United Kingdom (GMC), and others. It is also identified with WDOMS.
More than 2500 general practitioners, dentists, and paediatricians have graduated from the university to date, and are employed in various countries around the world. As a result, Bashkir State Medical University (BSMU) now has a large number of students from Europe, Asia, Latin America, and other countries studying there. In 2014, the university in Sochi qualified over 700 volunteers for the Winter Olympic and Paralympic Games.
Bashkir State Medical University (BSMU) has four hostels where international students can stay comfortably. All of the rooms are well-equipped with essentials such as beds, closets, and other furnishings. Every floor of the hostel has a kitchen where students can prepare food for themselves. All four hostels are under the supervision of a warden for security reasons. Every hostel has a reading room where students can study. The university has a gymnasium and a wellness center for students’ physical training.
Every year, the university hosts a variety of cultural events in which students are invited to participate. The university has an association for all Indian students at Bashkir State Medical University (BSMU), where they celebrate various Indian festivals with other students, such as Diwali, Holi, Baisakhi, and so on.
Interesting Facts about the City – Ufa
- Ufa is the capital of the Republic of Bashkortostan in western Russia. The city is located near the Belaya (White) River, which meets the Ufa River just below its confluence.
- The city’s original name was Tura-Tau, which was the name of the hill it stood on. The current Turkish name “Ufa” means “thin” in Turkish. The majority of the locals called themselves by this name.
- The city is regarded as one of Russia’s most important manufacturing centers. Machine-building businesses, as well as the fuel and energy industries, are extremely important to the local economy.
- Summers in the city are typically hot, and winters are moderately long and cold.
- The city is regarded as Russia’s busiest transportation center. Ufa’s international airport serves Perm, St. Petersburg, Barcelona, Istanbul, Yekaterinburg, Kazan, Izhevsk, Omsk, Beijing, Novosibirsk, Irkutsk, and Moscow, among other destinations.
- Marshrutkas (local minivans), buses, cabs, and other modes of local transportation are readily accessible.
- The city has many multi-cuisine restaurants located throughout the city, making it a popular option for international students studying medicine in Ufa.
- Salavat Yulaev’s memorial, Park Pobedy, Park Imeni Ivana Yakutova, and others are some of the city’s main tourist attractions.
BSMU (Bashkir State Medical University) hosts a variety of sports competitions, including football, basketball, an international cricket tournament, badminton, and more. The university has a library of over 500000 books, 85 percent of which are in the field of special medical literature. The library has four specialized reading rooms with a total of 252 seats and a wireless internet connection. During the summers, the university hosts a summer sports camp for all students on the beautiful Belaya River’s bank.