Once again a decline has been registered in the new cases of corona in the country. 43,504 patients were found in the last 24 hours. 44,204 were cured and 908 people lost their lives due to this epidemic. During this, the maximum number of cases were reported in Maharashtra (9,083) and Kerala (13,772). At present, maximum number of patients are being treated in these two states. In the last day, 53% of the total cases in the country have been reported in these two states.
On Thursday, the number of active cases i.e. patients undergoing treatment has come down by 1,625. It had registered an increase of 336 a day earlier. This was the first time in the last 105 days that active cases had increased. Earlier on May 12, there was a jump of 6,399 in it.
Corona epidemic figures in the country
- Total new cases came in the last 24 hours: 43,504
- Total cured in last 24 hours: 44,204
- Total deaths in last 24 hours: 908
- Total infected so far: 3.07 crore
- So far cured: 2.98 crores
- Total deaths so far: 4.05 lakh
- Total number of patients currently undergoing treatment: 4.53 lakh
Restrictions like lockdown
in 8 states There are restrictions like complete lockdown in 8 states of the country. These include West Bengal, Himachal Pradesh, Jharkhand, Odisha, Tamil Nadu, Mizoram, Goa and Puducherry. Strict restrictions have been imposed here as in the previous lockdown.
Partial Lockdown in 23 States/Union Territories There is a partial lockdown
in 23 States and Union Territories of the country. There are exemptions along with restrictions here. These include Chhattisgarh, Karnataka, Kerala, Bihar, Delhi, Maharashtra, Rajasthan, Uttar Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh, Haryana, Punjab, Jammu and Kashmir, Ladakh, Uttarakhand, Arunachal Pradesh, Sikkim, Meghalaya, Nagaland, Assam, Manipur, Tripura, Andhra Pradesh and Gujarat is included.
- In the meeting of the Union Cabinet, Prime Minister Narendra Modi has expressed concern over the increase in corona cases in Maharashtra and Kerala. He said that for the last few days we are seeing in pictures and videos that all the people are roaming in crowded places without wearing masks and without maintaining social distance. This is not a good sight and it should create a sense of fear in us.
- PM Modi said that there should be no place for negligence in such times. One mistake will have far-reaching effects and weaken the fight to contain Corona. Everyone should remember that the threat of corona is not over. Many other countries are seeing an increase in infections. The virus is also mutating.
- According to the Ministry of Health, more than 38.18 crore doses of the vaccine have been provided to the states and union territories. States, Union Territories and private hospitals currently have more than 1.70 crore doses of the vaccine.
- The Health Ministry said that so far 36 crore 89 lakh 91 thousand 222 doses of corona vaccine have been administered in the country. This also includes 40 lakh 23 thousand 173 doses administered in the last 24 hours.
State of Major States
Thursday, 13,772 new cases were reported in the state of Kerala . 11,414 people were cured and 142 people died. So far 30.25 lakh people have come under the grip of infection in the state. Of these, more than 29 lakh people have been cured, while 14,250 people died. 1.10 lakh patients are currently undergoing treatment.
9,083 people were found infected here on Thursday. 8,815 people were cured and 439 people died. So far 61.31 lakh people have come under the grip of infection. Of these, 58.89 lakh people have been cured, while 1.24 lakh people have died. Presently 1.14 lakh patients are being treated.
Thursday, 346 people were found corona positive in the state of Chhattisgarh . 446 people were cured and 3 died. So far 9.97 lakh people have come under the grip of infection. Of these, 9.78 lakh people have been cured, while 13,467 people have died. There are 4,914 patients who are undergoing treatment.
5. Delhi On
Thursday, 93 people were found to be Corona positive in Delhi. 101 people were cured and 3 died. So far 14.34 lakh people have come under the grip of infection. Of these, more than 14.09 lakh people have been cured, while 25,008 patients have died. 847 patients are being treated here.
6. Rajasthan: On
Thursday, 69 people were found corona infected and 180 people were cured. So far 9.52 lakh people have come under the grip of infection in the state. Of these, 9.43 lakh people have been cured, while 8,942 patients have died. Presently 824 patients are undergoing treatment.
Thursday, 62 people were found corona positive in the state of Gujarat . During this 534 people were also cured. So far, about 8.24 lakh people have come under the grip of infection. Of these, 8.12 lakh people have been cured, while 10,072 patients have died. Here 1,497 infected people are being treated.
8. Madhya Pradesh:
26 new cases were reported here on Wednesday. 47 people were cured and 4 people died. So far 7.90 lakh people have come under the grip of infection in the state. Of these, 7.80 lakh people have been cured, while 9,023 people died. 416 patients are currently undergoing treatment.